Thursday, January 13, 2011

To the Women of the World, I Apologize

But the fact is, I married the best man of our generation. Possibly of the world.

Yesterday I woke up knowing for sure what I'd known (but wasn't willing to admit) on Tuesday...I have a cold. Not a huge, nasty, full-blown monster of a cold (thank God), just a really nasty throat cold. This is extremely familiar territory for me, but I actually haven't had one in a while...I got my tonsils out in college, so the odds went down considerably after that.

Enough of the TMI.

Anyway, last night, I was tired, achy, and knew I wouldn't sleep well because I never do with a hacking cough and an aching throat. So what did my man do? Looked up the recipe for hot totties online and whipped us up a batch.
 An ounce of whiskey, boiling water, a stick of cinnamon, 2 cloves, 2 spoons of honey, and a splash of lemon juice. 
 Cloves and cinnamon, steeping in the whiskey.
It was SO good.  We both slept like babies after that.  I love that man.

Oh, and dinner was pb&j because I didn't want to cook anything and we couldn't get out of the driveway.

No comments:

Post a Comment