Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Browned Butter

http://kalofagas.blogspot.com/2009/02/spaghetti-with-brown-butter-and-feta.html

I will never make pasta the old way again.  Oh. Em. Gee.

So first, you take the garlic and you smash it.  Seriously, smash it.  Leave the skin on though.  When you smash it, it makes it 100 times easier to remove the skin, then chuck it in the pan.

FWIW, I used just enough olive oil to coat the butter and maybe an inch of the pan around it.  That was plenty.
You can see the butter browning, and the garlic frying.  Seriously, fried garlic may be the best thing in the world.
This was the first helping.  I added feta with tomato and basil, and some kalamata olives.  The next two helpings I just ate the pasta...I left the garlic in (the recipe says to remove it) on my bowl all three times and did not regret it one bit.  Oh. Em. Gee.

And in case you're curious, that's Chuck on in the background.  And cheap boxed wine, nothing special.

Just looking at this picture is making my mouth water all over again.  Any votes on tonight's recipe? I haven't found quince yet, so that will have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment