Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Oven Fried Chicken

Oven fried chicken is one of those dishes that we (or at least I) always begged my mom to make when we were kids.  It's so yummy and crunchy, and good for you!  While I'm not sure it's my favorite chicken (it just dawned on me that I haven't had Honey Chicken in AGES), it's still pretty stinkin' good.  So, instead of southern fried chicken, I made us a relatively healthy meal last night. 

The chicken is dirt easy...wash the chicken, dip it in milk, then roll it around in Italian breadcrumbs.  Mom's recipe includes some other spices (curry in particular), but I generally get lazy and just use the crumbs.  Bake at 375* for 50 minutes and voila!  Perfect chicken, no guilt!  The rest of the meal was boxed mashed sweet potatoes (a weakness) and baked baby carrots.  So yummy! 

We had to put Kini in her kennel eventually, she was begging so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment